In his recent Budget, the Chancellor announced that every school must become an academy by 2022. The plans were then laid out in the Education White Paper, which we summarise here.
The White Paper raises many significant challenges for school leaders and their Governors. But don’t panic, it also provides an excellent opportunity to consider your options and think about the future direction of your school.
To help you do this, SCHOOLS NorthEast has organised a one day conference to help you understand the current direction of education policy and make the right decisions for your school.
Date: Monday 23 May 2016
Time: Full Day
Venue: Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa Carrville, Durham DH1 1TD
Hear school colleagues from around the region share their ‘top tips’. You will also have access to top quality independent and impartial advice from non-school experts, to help your school make informed and appropriate decisions, when they need to be made.
• Where does the White Paper leave collaboration and existing school-to-school relationships?
• What key issues do SLT and Governors need to consider?
• What models of collaboration do you need to consider (Multi-Academy Trusts, Single Academy Trusts, Umbrella Trusts, Collaborative Partnerships)?
• What would academisation mean for your leadership model, HR and financial systems?
• Where do you stand legally?
This conference is relevant to Head Teachers, Governors, School Business Managers and senior leaders from any school wanting to find out more about the announcements in the recent White Paper. This includes schools who are about to undergo conversion and those who are just beginning to consider their options.
The cost of attendance is £70+VAT for Primary Schools and £90+VAT for Secondary Schools. SCHOOLS NorthEast Partner Schools receive discounted rates of £56+VAT for Partner Primary Schools and £72+VAT for Partner Secondary Schools.
To secure your place at this event, please email email@example.com or call 0191 204 8866.